NMHIMA Nomination Period Extended
Submit your ballot application by May 13!
The NMHIMA Board is extending the nomination period until Friday, May 13, 2022.
The updated ballot timeframe is May 16-27 – lookout for information on how to vote.
The Board is seeking candidates for the 2022-23 NMHIMA Election Ballot.
The available positions are:
- President-Elect (3-year commitment) – 1 position
- Secretary (2-year commitment) – 1 position
- Member‐At‐Large (3-year commitment) – 1 position
- Student Member (1-year commitment) – 1 position
- Nominating Committee Member (1-year commitment) – 2 positions
This position has opened up new career channels for me and provided a broader perspective of the health information industry in NM and nationwide, working alongside other HI professionals from different states. I’m glad to have had this opportunity.
If you’re concerned about the time commitment, we understand that everyone has a full schedule – our meetings are virtual and occur bi-monthly, and we complete most of our tasks electronically.
I encourage all NMHIMA members to volunteer. Another bonus! House of Delegates members attend the AHIMA conference.