Manager, Health Information Services
Kaiser Permanente in Colorado is looking for a credentialed Health Information Management professional to manage the Scanning and Chart Correction staff and functions. The position is based in Denver. Our ideal candidate will have experience managing staff and one who also enjoys working with their staff to understand and improve workflows then celebrate their successes.
Provide strategic and operational leadership, management and strategic planning for all activities related to Scanning, Medical Record Corrections, Merges and Life Care Planning documentation support. Strategically plan, create and operationalize policies, training, development and deployment of standard work. Function as and represent KPCO as the process owner for above Health Information Services (HIS) processes. Manage day-to-day operations, enhancing performance. Assure accuracy and regulatory compliance, related to scanning and indexing of clinical documentation, archiving of medical records, merges, medical record corrections and Life Care Planning documentation support. Assure accuracy and integrity of KPCO health records. Develop and maintain daily management systems and facilitate performance improvement using LEAN principles, assuring that patient, customer and stakeholder requirements are met. Responsible for providing service, developing and improving processes, creating and managing a budget for the department. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with Kaiser Permanente Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. Respond appropriately, including required reporting, to observed fraud or abuse.
- Manages the design and implementation of HIS Department cost, service and quality. Manages operational functions of Scanning, Medical Record Corrections, Merges and Life Care Planning documentation support. Informs in the creation of and manages budget for department. Develops and maintains quality standards and continuous improvement. Ensures standards/requirements are met for NCQA, HIPAA and compliance. Serves as liaison to regional departments, physician groups, and management. Assists in staff recruitment, retention and development; develops clinical or departmental orientation programs for new staff. Performs ongoing project management and coordination across departments. Develops policies and procedures, which support operational systems and customer requirements.
- Maintains current information and knowledge of all applicable Health Information Management and Kaiser Permanente policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards. Ensures that the training activities incorporate all applicable KP policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Manage human and financial resources responsibly. Manage staff including hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, counseling, disciplining and terminating in compliance with EEO/AA goals and personnel policies of the organization.
- Plan, test and address integration issues with applications that intersect with the functions of the department
- Participate in evaluation, selection and negotiations with vendors who provide services and support for the functional work areas of the department
- Represent Colorado in KP Enterprise Community of Practice groups
- Minimum three (3) years of management or supervisory experience in health information management OR five (5) years of successful leadership, group facilitation and performance improvement role in Health Information Management or Health Information Management Consulting.
- Bachelors degree in Health Information Management or health care-related field
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Health Information Administrator Certificate (RHIA) OR Registered Health Information Technician Certificate (RHIT)
- Independent thinker that takes initiative
- Ability to make vendor selections and manage vendor contracts
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and monitor progress of projects
- Personnel management, including hiring and performance management
- Solid working knowledge of scanning and principles of health information /medical records
- Knowledge of State, Federal and regulatory standards and requirements related to medical records/health information
- Ability to exercise judgement and make sound independent decisions and solve problems
- Demonstrated success in production management
- Understanding of technical systems that support creation and retention of paper and electronic medical records
- Proven history of using LEAN principles or other continuous improvement principles for sustained improved processes
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of an integrated health care delivery system.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience of 10 or more staff in Health Information Management.
- Experience managing in a labor environment preferred.
- Masters degree in Health Information, Health Informatics or Business.
- Familiarity with Epic
- Proven track record in researching best practices and completing decisions related to Make/Buy and Return on Investments
Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or health care-related field
$102,000 to $120,000, depending on experience
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply for position via link below. Contact Sue Liebelt Lien at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Apply Online: https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/denver/manager-health-information-services/641/46364153904