2023/2024 NMHIMA Welcome Letter
Greetings NMHIMA member. As we embark into the 2023/2024 year, the NMHIMA Board of Directors wants to thank you for choosing New Mexico Health Information (NMHIMA) as your Component Association (CA).
NMHIMA supports students and professionals in enriching their health information careers through education, information, and career resources. If you have not been able to navigate the NMHIMA or AHIMA websites, we would like to share some resources readily available to you as an NMHIMA member.
First, please take some time to get caught up with the 2023 Annual Meeting wrap-up video presented by Jennifer Sandoval, the 2023 NMHIMA President, with an introduction to Glenda Rivera, NMHIMA President-Elect.
As an NMHIMA member, click here to access your local resources.
- Meet the 2023/2024 Board of Directors
- Post a Job
- Upcoming Events for NMHIMA, AHIMA, and other AHIMA CAs throughout the U.S.
- Become an NMHIMA Volunteer
- Upcoming Scholarship Opportunities
- NMHIMA Continuing Education events
As an AHIMA member, you can access all AHIMA resources. Click here to log in and access these resources:
- The members-only social platform at AHIMA Access, where other AHIMA & NMHIMA members meet with students and new and experienced professionals and can connect with other AHIMA topic-based communities.
- AHIMA Foundation focuses on funding research and educational opportunities and houses the Health Information History Center, preserving the history of medical records and the evolution of the health information profession.
- Access to the Journal of AHIMA, an Award-winning e-newsletter.
- Discounts on AHIMA products and services, like textbooks certification exam prep resources, and exam registration.
- Familiarize yourself with health information careers with assistance from the Career Map. These resources list the careers within the health information management profession and provide the job description, responsibilities, skills required, training and education, and work experience or AHIMA qualifications qualifying you as a desirable candidate for each role.
- Career coaches, resume reviewers, and industry-specific job postings on Career Assist: Job Bank.
- AHIMA’s HIM Body of Knowledge™, a comprehensive online library providing resources and tools to advance health information professional practice and standards for delivering quality health care.
To contact us, please email email@example.com for more information or questions about NMHIMA.
2023/2024 NMHIMA President